Paul Smith

Paul Smith


British designer Paul Smith opened his first boutique, Paul Smith Vêtement Pour Homme, in Nottingham in 1970. The store was lauded as the premiere menswear shop outside of London because it carried contemporary labels like Kenzo. Smith decided to take advantage of the attention his store was receiving by adding his own designs to the stock and his work was well received. In 1976, Paul Smith debuted the first collection of his eponymous line at Paris Fashion Week to rave reviews. While his suiting is what put him of the map, Paul Smith shirts and scarves have also found themselves into the closets of many.

Is Paul Smith a luxury brand?
Yes, Paul Smith is a luxury brand.

Who owns Paul Smith?
Smith himself still owns 70 percent of the business, while his partner Itochu owns the other 30 percent.

How many shops does Paul Smith have?
Paul Smith has approximately 200 stores around the world.

Loading the Feed