Comme des Garcons
When designer Rei Kawakubo introduced the world to Comme des Garçons in 1969, she not only exposed the masses to her perception of what high fashion could be, but also shone a light on her then-underrepresented country (at least in the high fashion space). Japanese brands such as Yohji Yamamoto were now being given a platform previously unseen, in part because of the work of Kawakubo. Though the first pieces were based on the clothing traditionally worn by Japanese fisherman and working class women, Comme des Garçons has undergone many changes in its 50 year history, including the addition of menswear in 1978. A pioneer in both the luxury and avant-garde fashion spaces, many global brands we know and love today are directly inspired by or take cues from the work of Rei Kawakubo and Comme des Garçons.
What is the meaning of Comme des Garçons?
Comme des Garçons is French for “like boys”.
Is Comme des Garçons a luxury brand?
Yes, Comme des Garçons is a luxury brand.
What brand has the logo with a red heart with eyes?
That is the logo of Comme des Garçons PLAY, the casual line of Comme des Garçons.
- Comme des Garcons Men's Tailoring
- Comme des Garcons Men's Bottoms
- Comme des Garcons Men's Footwear
- Comme des Garcons Men's Accessories
- Comme des Garcons Men's Outerwear
- Comme Des Garcons Play Converse X Chuck 70 Low Top Multi Heart
- Comme Des Garcons Play Converse Comme Des Garcons X Chuck Taylor All Star Ox Black
- Converse Comme Des Garcons X Jack Purcell Black
- Comme Des Garcons Play Converse Comme Des Garcons X Pro Low Play
- Black Comme Des Garcons X Nike Night Track Black
- Comme Des Garcons Vans Authentic Lx Graffiti
- Comme Des Garcons Supreme Vans Era Digital Camo
- Comme Des Garcons Supreme Vans Era Pinstripe
- Air Max 95 Comme Des Garcons
- Supreme Vans X Comme Des Garcons X Era Digital Camo
- Comme Des Garcons Supreme Loop Collar Shirt